Friday, March 1, 2013

First Friday And Where I'm At

In January 2013, I picked up being Captain of the Art Walk Etsy Team.
Our team, the AWETeam hosts First Friday Art Walk over the First Friday of the month.
It's a virtual blog hop of artwork for sale on Etsy.com
Click HERE to check out the March Blog hop.

Like many teams (in my experience) things seem to have died off quite a bit in the last couple of years.
Life happens, people change direction, changes take place that people are not thrilled about, and they move on...

And right now I'm standing here, getting ready for the March First Friday Art Walk, and I'm a bit wondering how it is I got HERE...

As 2012 was ending, I was really looking at where my work, my life, my time spent on 4 heavy volunteer group commitments were all going.

I was looking forward to some changes in direction, and moving on with my focus to make new work, and really get my website, Etsy shop and blog all put together.

New work is really starting to trickle out of my studio (now just to get it listed for sale!)

In the fall of 2012, I was asked to join as a blog contributor to Love My Art Jewelry Blog (to which I said, I'm a bit full at the moment, would 1 post a month be ok? Yes, it is).

I was asked to move into Captain of the Art Walk Etsy Team (my brain said No, gut said "YES")

I moved into a Chair position for the NCCMG's for the Programs Committee for this year to help better organize things for arranging trips and speakers for our group - along with the help of all my MG friends (I love my garden friends!)

We have some ambitious new members on the DE Team, and with my level quickly approaching burn out, I happily stepped down as Captain of the Delaware Etsy Team into a supporting Leader position.

And my commitments with the ceramic bead makers group was suddenly gone. Totally unexpected and unplanned. Woke up to an email and blocked out of everything. At first I was confused, but after a couple of days it became not a huge deal since I am still doing what I have always done, but now, there is more time for me. It was time for a change for me within that group, and I guess that decision was put right there for me, seemingly made for me, and I just walked on.

I knew my 2013 was going to be a busy one.
And I hope that with all of this reorganization of all of these volunteer commitments, that by mid-March, my time will once again become mine. 
And I can get back on track for the goals I had for my business.

PS - All of these brand new headpins are making their way to Darlene of D7Studio this weekend at the Berks Bead Bazaar. She is still traveling around to sell my work, other artist work, and jewelry making supplies here in the Northeast US.

I had SO much fun making them, and will be making more ASAP to list for sale in my Etsy shop.

6 comments:

  1. Love the new image for the First Friday Art Walk on Etsy Team. Great to read about your plans and how you got here. Looks like 2013 is going to be a great year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous, Marsha. Really captures the feeling of walking through the "artsy" part of town. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dix. Trying some new things to make it feel "Artsy". Now to relay that in the posts somehow :)

      Delete
  3. This is a great way to start our First Friday Art walk, you communicate from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo Ann! If it's not in my heart - I just can't bring myself to do it... :) thanks!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think…